Does TypePad support OpenID?

Jens Alfke jens at
Tue Jan 24 18:15:54 UTC 2006

TypePad doesn't seem to support OpenID directly — I tried entering a
TypePad blog URL into an OpenID auth field and got an error, not a
login page. But IIRC, don't TypePad identities map to TypeKey
identities? And TypeKey is an OpenID server, right? So is there some
transformation of a TypePad URL that can be used to log into OpenID?

(I'd like to make it as easy as possible for people to log into my
app. So instead of just a URL field, I want to have a "service:" pop-
up with choices like "LiveJournal", "TypeKey", etc. so people can
select a service and just type in their username. Of course one of
the choices in the pop-up will be "OpenID URL". I'm using the inverse
mapping when displaying user identities: rather than http://, I'll show just "foo" with the little LiveJournal
head icon next to it, the way you see it in people's journals. I'll
use corresponding icons for other services.)