myopenid and cap-key-links instead of passwords

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:59:35 UTC 2006

so I set up and openID account so I could post a comment to a blog,
and promptly forgot the password.

By using passwords, this SSO system contributes to the password glut
rather than helping mitigate it more aggressively.

A better system IMO is to use e-mailed tokens to verify identity.  Not
just at the beginning for e-mail association verification but for sign-in.

If one's account is configured to work that way.

--
David L Nicol
"It is pointless to give advice and sometimes