Messaging/mail

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Thu Jul 20 00:27:55 UTC 2006

We have at NetMesh, for some time.  Go to
     http://mylid.net/
and sign up for a Yadis/OpenID/LID multi-protocol URL that supports
Authenticated Messaging.

Basically, it's an HTTP POST with the message payload that you want
to convey, which is digitally signed using either GPG or OpenID. On
the receiving end, it gets forwarded into the user's e-mail (but
without sharing the address)

It supports any kind of payload by specifying a MIME type. You can
build higher-level functionality on top, such a messages with a
certain format or payload structure.

You can download the code that does this from
     http://netmesh.org/downloads
under an open-source or commercial license.

And yes, it's a separate Yadis service type.

Cheers,

On Jul 19, 2006, at 17:13, Tony wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering if anyone's presently working on a distributed
> mechanism for providing private message/mail functionality via
> Yadis, and if so, is there a writeup available (i.e. a conceptual
> whitepaper)
>
> By the way, we're very excited about Yadis and just starting to
> move into the social network space.
>
> Tony Arcieri
> ClickCaster.com

Johannes Ernst