Trust/threat model for OpenID

Fri Jul 28 14:51:05 UTC 2006

Yes, I've done such an analysis. I used what's called "BAN logic." It's
a formal academic notation for analyzing security protocols and whether
their assumptions (of various types) are justified.

The biggest hole is when the identity URL page is fetched without SSL
(or any other signing protocol).

I have a half-written paper on the BAN analysis I performed. I'll finish
it if anyone's interested.

David Strauss