Renaming Heraldry

Matt Pelletier matt at eastmedia.com
Fri Jun 30 21:21:14 UTC 2006

We have been using 'Bantay' (bahn-tai) as our internal project name
for the PIP server/consumer we've built. It means 'guard' in Tagalog.
It is the name of the dog that Zed found on Flickr (Creative Commons)
and put on the Mongrel homepage (http://mongrel.rubyforge.org).
Mongrel is the Ruby web server that runs the PIP server and the Yadis
handler. After asking the owner what the dog's name meant, we thought
it was appropriate for the project. That may not be the case for this
larger effort, but if anyone likes it I think it might be a nice fit.

For what it's worth, I don't have an issue with 'Heraldry', and I
think 'Ibid' might be too confusing.

Matt

On Jun 30, 2006, at 4:34 PM, Johannes Ernst wrote:

> 3i is the name of a rather large venture and other capital firm.
> But I3 might work.
>
> On Jun 30, 2006, at 11:22, Drummond Reed wrote:
>
>> I too like Heraldry (why exactly don’t folks want to use it?)
>>

>> But if we must rename it, a suggestion is “3i” (interoperable
>> Internet identity).
>>

>> =Drummond

Matt Pelletier
EastMedia