Identity 2.0

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Wed Mar 1 15:54:18 UTC 2006

Johannes,

I have no idea why you are saying Identity 2.0 is vendor specific.
Lots of people are using it. Similar to Web 2.0, people have a
general idea of what it is. Here are google results for the terms you
used:

"user-centric identity" 		17,200
"user-controlled identity" 	167
"decentralized identity"	949
"grassroots identity"		147
"independent identity"		58,100

"Identity 2.0" 				136,000

As you can see, "Identity 2.0" is referenced more often then all the
terms you list combined.

-- Dick