Caching of discovered Yadis service definitions / best practices?

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Mon Mar 6 05:27:51 UTC 2006

Ah, I understand. XRI resolution infrastructure is young so practices are
just coming into play. Furthermore XRIs may have different time-to-live
chacteristics.

FWIW, XDI.org is presently planning to establish the initial TTL for global
XRIs at between 24 and 48 hours, and strongly encourages caching by both
proxy and local resolvers for this period as this helps with both load and
performance.

=Drummond