protocol diagrams

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Sun Mar 19 08:08:41 UTC 2006

John,

You'll find overview diagrams of XRI resolution in section 1.1 of the XRI
Resolution 2.0 Working Draft 10 specification just posted by the XRI TC.

PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17293/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-10.pdf

Word:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17292/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-10.doc

I should clarify though that XRI is strictly an abstract structured
identifier syntax and resolution protocol and not an authentication or data
sharing protocol, so it's not something you can compare with LID or OpenID
or SAML. From that perspective you can think of it as "an identifier front
end to Yadis", i.e., a tool you can use to discover identity services
endpoints for a user (or organization, or app, or anything-with-identity).

Best,

=Drummond (http://xri.net/=drummond.reed)