Yadis Conformance Testing

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Thu May 18 04:32:11 UTC 2006

With the increasing number of Yadis-enabled websites and software
implementations, it is becoming more and more important to pay
attention to interoperability. Eventually, we'll have to have
conformance suites for all the protocols involved, ... more on this
later.

For now, we've created some Yadis testing code (with the generous
support of Verisign)
  - test candidate Yadis URLs for their conformance to Yadis discovery
  - an instrumentable "Yadis" URL that you can use to test your
relying party code

This is definitely work in progress ... but a start.

This code (hosted, and downloadable) has been posted at
     http://yadis.org/conformance/

It would be great if you could all take a look and provide
feedback ... over some period of time, we should arrive at some
"community consensus" what the "official" conformance tests should
look like. (The current code acts as a strawman until such consensus
is reached.) The idea is that we can point implementors to this URL
and it provides the definitive answer whether or not a given
implementation is indeed conforming to the Yadis spec.

In particular, additional tests, bug fixes, improvements, ... are
very much appreciated. Please either respond to the list or to me
personally.

Cheers,

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.