Yadis Standardization

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Mon May 22 21:11:46 UTC 2006

Hans,

Gabe and I discussed this. The XRI TC charter explicitly includes a
resolution protocol, which is where we have defined the XRDS document
format. The addition of the Yadis specification to the XRI resolution
protocol would simply specify how to retreive an XRDS document from an HTTP
or HTTPS URI.

Since the XRI Resolution specification is based on HTTP(S), we already have
a number of other parts of the XRI Resolution specification that deal with
HTTP(S) URIs. So adding a section on how to retrieve XRDS documents directly
from the HTTP(S) URI associated with the identified resource would appear to
fit cleanly under this scope.

=Drummond