Yadis conformance

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Wed May 31 23:01:38 UTC 2006

On May 31, 2006, at 15:51, Dan Lyke wrote:

> On Wed, 31 May 2006 14:58:11 -0700, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
>> I know there was a big long thread about this a while back, but since
>> this is on the web, I think it's reasonable to assume "http://" and
>> ":80" and just leave it at that *for this purpose*.
>
> In implementing a general case client I'm all for this. I'm
> reluctant to push this for the conformance tester because it is a
> conformance tester

I agree with Dan on this.

This is something where we want to know *exactly* what is happening,
and usability is not an issue, in my view. I added a line where it
says "enter the full URL, don't leave out http" but as the recent
example of HTML Head processing of the Perl CGI library shows, too-
smart things can do all sorts of funny things to interop.

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.