Onwer/Group preservation done

robb robb at canfield.com
Fri Aug 17 21:38:44 UTC 2007

Glad to, I need the changes myself.

I think the link is fixed, can you please check it again.

I do not see an easy way to implement rsync. Brackup works by splitting
files into blocks and archiving the blocks. Rsync uses a sliding
differential to detect changes (I need to read up on this more when I
have time). I have considered incorporating the rsync library into
Brackup to have the benefits of common blocks and differential
transfers. Maybe when I have a LOT more time.

Why the desire for rsync? If it's a particular feature then maybe I can
add it to SFTP.

And now after all my work I find BackupPC which has some very nice
looking features, including a browser interface! No Amazon S3 but I
suppose that could be added. I'll continue with Brackup since I am only
a few hours from being done with my changes!
  http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

Robb