gc and encrypted metafiles

Stéphane Alnet stephane at shimaore.net
Mon Jan 19 06:06:44 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've been using brackup for a while for backup / restore but never
tried the brackup-target script until tonight. When I tried to do a
"gc", the script started complaining about invalid lines in the
metafiles. After inspection it seems that Brackup/Metafile.pm (where
the problem occurs on line 45) is used by Brackup::Target::gc() but
without the ad-hoc decryption code found for example in Restore.pm
("decrypt_file_if_needed" etc.).

Am I missing something obvious? Should I attempt to move the
decryption code in Restore.pm to a separate module so that both
Restore::new() and Target::gc() can use it? (I don't mind doing the
work, I just want to make sure I'm looking at the right issue.)

Thanks,
Stéphane