Issue 5 in brackup: brackup eats 2GB+ of RAM and then dies (Out of Memory) while backup'ing up our ~600GB of data to Amazon

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Jul 22 08:03:01 UTC 2009

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 5 by strowger78: brackup eats 2GB+ of RAM and then dies (Out of
Memory)  while backup'ing up our ~600GB of data to Amazon
http://code.google.com/p/brackup/issues/detail?id=5

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. start backup
2. wait a few minutes
3. brackup dies

Expect backup to complete. It starts, and progresses a little way, then
dies - Out of Memory.

Used to work for us with approximately this volume of data - maybe only
500GB rather than 600GB - but suddenly stopped one day. No config or system
changes had been made.

1.9
Ubuntu Hardy
2.6.24-19-xen #1 SMP

Have tried upgrading Net::Amazon::S3 to latest - no change.
Have tried changing chunk (was 5M, now 64M) - no change.