[RFC] Default brackup filename change

Ben Schumacher ben at blahr.com
Mon Jan 4 15:52:10 UTC 2010

On 01/01/2010 07:27 AM, Gavin Carr wrote:
> Does anyone object to changing the default brackup file name from the current
> SOURCE-DATE.brackup to SOURCE-TARGET-DATE.brackup (only affects client-side,
> not server)?
>
> Rationale is just that it's clearer what's going on if you routinely backup
> to multiple targets.
>
> I'm planning on commiting the attached unless I hear objections.

Does this have any impacts on backwards compatibility? If we change the
name of the Inventory Database, does that end up orphan all my chunks
already stored on Amazon::S3 that are GPG encrypted?

I know you can overwrite the value via config, but would it make sense
to try to make the changes somewhat backwards compatible or at least
dump some sort of warning/error?

Cheers,
Ben