digestcache

Kostas Chatzikokolakis kostas at chatzi.org
Mon Jan 18 00:07:28 UTC 2010

Chris Anderson wrote:
> Oh, I forgot to ask the question which made me notice that in the first
> place: Anyone have any thoughts on whether it would be okay/recommended
> to use the same DigestCache for multiple sources? Since the keys are
> prefixed with the source name it doesn't seem there wouldn't be any
> collisions.

It seems harmless to me, as long as you don't change the 'path' of your
sources. On the other hand I don't see any benefit from it.

Btw one of the little annoying things is that brackup by default backs
up the digest db file which wastes space and time. It would be nice to
have ignore=.brackup-digest.db in the default config file.

Kostas