[bug?] single-quote character not accepted in Resource field

xcgr at yahoo.com xcgr at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 21:31:06 UTC 2006

In my iChat (3.1.5, Mac OS X 10.4.7), when I set the Jabber
'Location' setting to any value containing a single-quote character
('), the livejournal.com Jabber server won't let me log in.
iChatAgent outputs this error to the console: "XMLStream: XML error 4
parsing text". Remove the single-quote, and it works fine.

I get the same behavior with Gaim 1.5 -- assuming that Gaim's Jabber
"Resource" setting is the equivalent of iChat's Jabber "Location"
setting.