Using DJabberd as a platform for external components

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Tue Dec 19 16:29:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

currently at SAPO we use POE to write our custom external components.
Unfortunately, some of our components are becoming CPU bound, so we
went looking for a new solution. DJabberd stands out as a prime
candidate, of course.

Currently I'm working through the code, subclassing the main DJabberd
class. Basically I expect to have a core "server" that uses XEP-0114
that connects to a server. In case of DJAbberd it would connect to
Martin Atkins DJabberd::Component::External.

My first question is pretty minor: what should I call this
module ? :) Any suggestions? My first attempt was
Djabberd::Component::Standalone but I think that DJabberd::Component
namespace is reserved for in-core components, right?

Thanks in advance,
--
Pedro Melo
JID: xmpp:melo at simplicidade.org