How tested is djabberd?

Karjala karjala_lists at karjala.org
Mon Jul 3 01:02:09 UTC 2006

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Why do you want to migrate so much?
>
> Sounds like you have a setup that works and which you like.
>
> If you really wanted djabberd as a hackable platform, you'd be hacking on
> it now, solving these problems.

The MySQL-Auth hack I have on jabberd v1, requires the server to do
unencrypted authentication... and so (I think) the whole C2S
communication needs to be unencrypted... which is bad. That's the main
reason I want to migrate.

Secondly Perl is my programming language, so with DJ I could write
whatever plugins I might need.

If I finish some work in the next week, I might take a look at DJ's code
and see if there's anything I can do in there.

- K.