MySQL module

Karjala karjala_lists at karjala.org
Mon Jul 3 13:18:34 UTC 2006

I don't really know how authentication works. How many different modes
of authentication are there?

I know what SSL means (from the web), and I know what Basic
authentication is on the web.

How do TLS, cleartext, encrypted passwords, "the weakest type of auth"
and plaintext relate to the above?

Thanks,

- Alex