VHost error connecting to Wildfire servers

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Mon May 15 19:39:28 UTC 2006

I added this to the TODO, but I'll post here too in case anyone has
anything to offer.

Wildfire isn't including a "from" attribute in its opening stream
element when doing Dialback, which I think is what is causing the vhost
field to be undef on the connection object. Full log is in the todo file:


As I note in there, it *is* including from and to on the verify element.
Is that allowed per spec, or is Wildfire just misbehaving.

Wildfire seems to interop with jabberd 1.4 just fine as I have, until
recently, been running jabberd on my home box and Wildfire at my office
and communicating between them.

I have checked this both against the server at my office and against a
local, freshly-installed Wildfire server and got the same results.

More information about the Djabberd mailing list