How to configure MUC?

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Sun Oct 29 11:10:24 UTC 2006

oliver oli wrote:

> but i have no idea how to get the external components to work. you wrote:
>
>  > But the <Subdomain ...> configuration directive is something
>  > different. It's just some magic that sets up a second VHost
>  > with a subdomain-shaped name and configures local delivery
>  > between it and the parent. The old subdomain mechanism is not used.
>
> Does it mean it's okay to put something like this in djabberd.conf?
>
> <VHost component.localhost>
>   S2S true
>   <Plugin DJabberd::Component::External>
>       ListenPort 5290
>       Secret secret
>   </Plugin>
> </VHost>

Yes, that should work as long as you also add the S2S delivery plugin (I
think?) and arrange for component.localhost to be resolvable in DNS.

> But it seems that the problem is Delivery::LocalVHosts. Looks like it
> just doesn't deliver.

It's possible that there have been some regressions in local delivery,
since there aren't currently any tests for it as far as I'm aware. S2S
will hopefully work for you for now, and I'll try to figure out what's
up with local delivery at some point...