disco#info to the server

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 20:11:20 UTC 2007

Piers Harding wrote:
> Hi -
> I was wondering if others had seen a problem with some clients when
> doing service discovery.
> I have noticed that when an iq eg:
> <iq type='get' id='99' from='piers at gecko.local.net/Gajim'
> to='gecko.local.net'><query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info'/></iq>
> is sent from Gajim or Psi and a result comes back:
> <iq to='piers at gecko.local.net/Gajim' type='result' id='99'>
> <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info'>
> <identity category='server' type='im' name='djabberd'/>
> <feature var='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info'/>
> <feature var='urn:xmpp:ping'/>
> <feature var='vcard-temp'/>
> <feature var='jabber:iq:version'/>
> </query>
> </iq>
> The client does not process the return.  If I do the same test with
> jabber.org which is running ejabberd, I can see that the result is
> stamped with a from jid - eg:
> <iq id="30" type="result"  to='piers at ompka.net/Gajim' from='jabber.org'>
> <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'>
> ....

Hi Piers,

Thanks for the report and the fix. I think this is a good place to fix 
it since presumably all IQ responses should be from whoever they were 
originally to.

I've just checked in your changes to the trunk.


More information about the Djabberd mailing list