Setting VCards Using ldap.

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 20:19:22 UTC 2007

Gavin wrote:
> Is it possible to programaticly setup the VCard for a user when you add
> them to the roster?
>
> I may be mis-understanding the code, but as far as I can tell, you can
> only set a vcard using .. well IQs? There is no way to currently access
> a plugin is there?

I'm not all that familiar with the VCard support, but it appears that
you can subclass DJabberd::Plugin::VCard from the DJabberd-VCard package
   and implement load_vcard in any way you feel appropriate.

Presumably for an LDAP-based VCard you'll just want to stub out
store_vcard unless you want to allow users to update their LDAP user
object from their Jabber client.