I think this is a bug...

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Mar 9 09:44:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mar 9, 2007, at 1:18 AM, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:

> I'm not sure about this patch.
>
> When I look at that sub,
>
> IQ.pm....
> sub on_recv_from_client {
>     my ($self, $conn) = @_;
>
>     my $to = $self->to_jid;
>     if (! $to || $conn->vhost->uses_jid($to)) {
>         $self->process($conn);
>         return;
>     }
>
>     $self->deliver;
> }
>

> That seems to say, if there's no 'to' attribute, it's obviously
> intended
> for the server, not another user.  But if the 'to' is there, and
> the vhost
> uses that JID to represent itself (as opposed to handles_jid, which
> means
> the vhost's domain is the same as the 'to' domain... like the vhost
> for
> livejournal.com 'handles' brad at livejournal.com), then that means
> the same
> thing as no 'to' attribute, and the server should process it.

You are forgetting IQ's addressed to local at domain (without resource)
that must also be processed by the server. uses_jid compares the
entire JID to the hostname. handles jid specifically compares only
the domain.

Now that I look at my patch, it might need an extra check for bare jids.

> What IQ packet XML are you seeing that's spinning the server?

I've finish the development where I was seeing that... :( I'll try
and rollback this patch and see if I can trigger it again....

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
Jabber ID: melo at simplicidade.org