DJabberd and Net::Jabber

Tim Keefer tim at timkeefer.com
Wed May 9 02:58:16 UTC 2007

I'm trying to do some simple client server communication with djabberd
and Net::Jabber. The server starts fine, but when connecting with
Net::Jabber or Net::XMPP it just hangs on the connect method.  Are
there some other client libraries I should using when communicating
with the djabberd server? Below is the djabberd conf and the
Net::Jabber script.

Thanks,
-Tim

--- client script

use strict;
use Net::Jabber;

my $jabconn = Net::Jabber::Client->new();

$jabconn->Connect(
    "hostname" => "mydomain.com",
    "port" => 5222,
    "username" => 'test',
    "password" => 'password'
) or die "Cannot connect ($!)\n";

warn( 'conntected ' );

$jabconn->Disconnect();

--- djabberd.conf

OldSSL  enable

ClientPort 5222
ServerPort 5269

DeclareMonitor 127.0.0.1
AdminPort 5200

SSLCertificateFile    /root/src/djabberd/server-cert.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /root/src/djabberd/server-key.pem

<VHost mydomain.com>
  S2S enable
  RequireSSL yes

  <Plugin DJabberd::Authen::AllowedUsers>
     Policy accept
     AllowedUsers brad crucially test tkeefer
  </Plugin>

  <Plugin DJabberd::Authen::StaticPassword>
      Password password
  </Plugin>

  <Plugin DJabberd::PresenceChecker::Local />
  <Plugin DJabberd::Delivery::Local />
  <Plugin DJabberd::Delivery::S2S   />

  <Plugin DJabberd::RosterStorage::SQLite>
     Database roster.sqlite
  </Plugin>

</VHost>