Plugin for Invisible Command XEP 186

Matt Mankins mankins at media.mit.edu
Sat May 26 19:14:51 UTC 2007

Hi.

I'm attempting to write a plugin to implement XEP 186 [1], the
invisible command, inside of DJabberD, and seem to be having some
trouble capturing all of the presence broadcasts.  Has anyone tried
their hand at invisibility before?

Perhaps the issue is not capturing the presence, but re-sending the
"i'm invisible now" to everyone?  I'm new to the plugin system and
must be missing something.  Many thanks if someone catches it.

My implementation is at: http://www.ka-zam.com/code/plugin-djabberd-
xep-186-invisible.txt

Matt

p.s. -- I'm also open to other ways of becoming invisible...any
magical incantation will do. I'd just like a particular resource to
not show up in other people's roster as being online, but allow them
to send messages to it.

[1] - http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0186.html