external plugin and yahoo registering

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Thu Oct 25 13:24:24 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have some issues with the current CVS and was wondering if anybody else experiences the same behavior:

1) when I define an external component (eg for msn), the order of the lines seems to be important: using
   <Plugin DJabberd::PresenceChecker::Local />
   <Plugin DJabberd::Delivery::Local />
   <Plugin DJabberd::Delivery::S2S />
   <Plugin DJabberd::Plugin::EntityTime />
before my subdomain:
   <Subdomain msn>
      <Plugin DJabberd::Component::External>
          ListenPort 5347
          Secret xxxx
      </Plugin>
   </Subdomain>
the subdomains fails to function correctly (what I mean in this case: the msn plugin connects fine, but then I can't register or see any of the possibilities the msn connector has).
Is this normal? Or should the subdomains always be defined first? Is the order not that relevant for eg. sqlite authentication?

2) When putting the lines in correct order, the plugin *seems* to load and function fine (I still need to really get a msn or aim account ...).
But: shutting down the msn python script and relaunching it, gives me troubles. I tried it with a telnet to the port, cancel the telnet and trying again:

DEBUG DJabberd.Component.External              Accepting connection from component yahoo.xxx
DEBUG DJabberd.Connection.ComponentIn          Making a DJabberd::Connection::ComponentIn for fd 12
INFO  DJabberd.Component.External              Shutting down listener for component yahoo.xxx
ERROR DJabberd.Connection.ComponentIn           disconnected DJabberd::Connection::ComponentIn=ARRAY(0x9c91c24) because: XML not well-formed in xmlParseChunk

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DJabberd/Connection.pm line 540.
WARN  DJabberd.Connection.ComponentIn           parsing *****
���
*******

INFO  DJabberd.Component.External              Component yahoo.xxx disconnected.
INFO  DJabberd.Component.External              Started listener for component yahoo.xxx on TCP socket <127.0.0.1:5350>

As you can see, djabberd starts listening again on the port, but doesn't seem to respond at all any more to traffic on that port.

3) Ignoring the above 2 problems, the only thing that is not working is the yahoo python thingie (PyIMt, see the xmppy project on sourceforge). All other plugins work (pymsn, pyaim-t, pyicq-t). Anybody else has that problem with PyIMt?