annoying logging here

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 1 06:14:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:15:39 -0700, "Brad Fitzpatrick" <brad at danga.com> said:
> I saw this run before each test during the "make test" stage of running
> shipit:
>
> Logger was started on demand from
> /home/lj/cvs/djabberd/DJabberd/DJabberd-0.84_01/blib/lib/DJabberd/VHost.pm
> line 8 at
> /home/lj/cvs/djabberd/DJabberd/DJabberd-0.84_01/blib/lib/DJabberd/Log.pm
> line 33
>
> I want to see that fixed before an official release.  Noisy "make test"
> is a pet peeve of mine.

Fixed.

That is - fixed by explicitly starting the logger in BEGIN blocks during
all the tests.

I'm not actually sure that's an ideal interface for setting up the logging,
I get the feeling that logging launches itself a bit too early (basically
as soon as you "use DJabberd").

I also fixed a 'use possibly undef value in a string comparison' bug in
another test that was throwing warnings for me.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm