BOSH support [and sasl, clustering]

Damir Markovic damir at etf.rs
Tue Jan 6 17:40:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 08:59:27 -0800
"Yann Kerherve" <yann at sixapart.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> That would be cool. I've played a bit with the idea and started a
> prototype as an external service (Nothing that I could share yet). I
> talked a bit with hachi too about how we could deal with load
> balancing for it, and reusing REPROXY features or Perlbal seems to be
> a nice fit (much more elegant than session stickiness that people
> seems to implement with nginx for instance). But it would require to
> have clustering support completed in DJabberd first, is anyone
> actively working on that?
>
> I wanted to see if javascript chat clients would work with djabberd,
> but it appears like SASL is a must have for that, and that SASL was on
> the roadmap and never implemented inside DJabberd. I'm willing to
> spend some time playing with that, anyone has insights about it?
> Authen::SASL has only client support, unless libsasl
> (Authen::SASL::Cyrus 0.13-server) is used, I'm not sure if the latter
> is non-blocking though.
>
> Yann

My idea is to create some kind of wrapper around socket, which would handle all HTTP stuff, with no difference for the rest of the code. So, how ever clustering is done for usual connections, it will be done for BOSH the same.

SASL is an issue, but we'll think of something, right? :-)

Do you think that wrapper approach might work?

Damir