Presence issues

Gavin Mogan halkeye at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 22:39:27 UTC 2009

How to reproduce:

1) Login to server using miranda jabber client
2) Login to server with different connection (miranda again works, i
use psi for my tests though)

Client #2 doesn't see client #1 online until client #1 sends another
presence indicator.

I've tried this with other combinations, and most of the time server
sends out a presence message on behalf of the other clients online on
your roster, but not miranda.

Miranda:
<presence>
<priority>5</priority>
<c xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/caps"
node="http://miranda-im.org/caps" ver="0.7.9.0" ext="secureim mood" />
<status></status>
</presence>

PSI:
<presence>
<priority>5</priority>
<c xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/caps"
node="http://psi-im.org/caps" ver="0.12" ext="cs ep-notify html" />
</presence>

I'm not really sure where to go from here, I tried to walk though but
I get lost in. I'm getting tempted to actually wrap every sub hit to
track the flow a bit to find out where things are going.
I'd appreciate some help debugging or a flow of how things work or something.