Presence issues

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 2 00:16:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 17:07 -0700, Martin Atkins wrote:
> No, that was not addressed. I don't think there was consensus on how
> best to handle backward compatibility.
>
> I'm happy to merge it if I'm mistaken and there was some consensus on this.

I've not seen anyone actually complain about backwards compatability.
But my most recent patchset includes both conversion tools to upgrade
those who are being silently bitten by this, as well as a flag which can
be enabled to preserve the current broken behavior, if they so choose.
I don't recall anyone being explicitly dissatisfied with the those
options for dealing with the backcompat issue.
 - Alex