a server in C

Samuel Stauffer samuel at descolada.com
Sun Jul 15 07:34:26 UTC 2007

When working on the Python client I wanted to understand the server
better so I figured it would be fun to write a version in C. There
isn't a really good reason for except as an experiment. That is, I
haven't had a performance problem with the current server, but I'm
generally more comfortable using a system that I know inside and out.

Testing has been minimal at this point. It works and responds to all
commands, but that's as much as I can guarantee. The text protocol
isn't implemented.

http://satel.ethereal.net/gearmand-0.0.1.tgz

Requirements:
libevent
glib

..

perhaps a different name than gearmand might be appropriate to avoid
confusion but such it is for now.

Thanks,
Samuel