Net_Gearman update

Joe Stump joe at digg.com
Tue Apr 8 00:28:02 UTC 2008

All,

It's been a while since I've updated the list on the status of the PHP
PEAR package Net_Gearman. Chris and I have been working on adding lots
of enhancements and are preparing it to be included in the official
PEAR project. For now, all of the code and the current release of the
PEAR package can be found at Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/netgearman/
).

The latest commit includes Net_Gearman_Manager that lets you get
stats, information, version, etc. from Gearman servers. It also lets
you gracefully shut down Gearman (via the "shutdown" command). I think
this class will be great for those who want to wait for the queue to
be clear before shutting down workers, etc.

--Joe