Fast writes, slow reads

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:39:18 -0700 (PDT)

Brion,

Can you reproduce this slow behavior with the Linux x86 binary at
http://www.danga.com/memcached/dist/binaries/linux-x86/ ?

I want to rule out any sort of build differences, since the binary above
is what we use on LiveJournal.  (and it flies for us...)

If it's still slow with that binary and with the Perl client, it's
definitely time to point fingers at libevent.  Nothing I see in the PHP
client should make things slow, just incorrectly warning in some cases.

If you can, make yourself a new kernel.  Here's the latest patch, against
2.4.21:

http://www.xmailserver.org/linux-patches/epoll-lt-2.4.21-0.16.diff

- Brad