Fast writes, slow reads

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:43:36 -0700 (PDT)

It's even slow when you're using kqueue?!  That's supposed to be
[slightly] faster than epoll.

Was it slow with kqueue and the Perl client or the PHP client?

One problem we run into every couple months at LiveJournal is new
network hardware coming up in the wrong duplex.  Auto-negotiation never
seems to work that well.  Can you verify both sides are in the same
duplex, either half or full?

- Brad