Satisfied user :)

Justin Matlock jmat@shutdown.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:54:31 -0400

Now that I'm back online (yay!), I'm going to rewrite the entire _get
routines for the PHP client.  streams support was fixed in 4.3.3, and it
finally works like it's supposed to.  I've been seeing some speed increases
using streams vs. individual socket calls.   Nothing major, but it's much
cleaner...

ConEd managed to send a huge power spike into my apartment when they turned
the lights back on two weeks back, and blew out everything and anything that
had an electrical circuit in it.  It fried my UPS's and the three computers
that were plugged into them (I think the spike went through the ethernet
switch).... My TV literally exploded... It even got the brand new Dell
PowerEdge I had received the day before for a new database server... :(   ..
I made the mistake of not unplugging everything before I left the city on
Saturday, and when I got back... well, it wasn't pretty.  my insurance is
covering everything, they're just incredibly slow because of all of the
other claims in the city from that weekend.

Anyway, I have a new notebook, and got Gentoo up and running on it this
afternoon (if you're using RedHat or Debian, you don't know what you're
missing).

I should have a test release of the streams version ready by the end of the
weekend.  I've also written a few example scripts to show people how to
better integrate it into their sites using the class (and not be exposed to
the class at all, since a lot of people hate objects)  :)