version 1.1.6

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 10:44:05 -0700 (PDT)

I forgot to announce 1.1.6 the other day when I put it up:

http://www.danga.com/memcached/download.bml

The main change from 1.0 to 1.1 was removing use of Judy and using a hash
table instead for mapping keys to objects.  The problem with Judy was it
was fragmenting the memory space, causing glibc's allocator to start
burning through CPU without finding a contiguous region, which is the
whole thing we wanted to avoid by using slabs.

So, this new version has been up for us for about a week now without
problems, and once it's been up a few minutes, never uses malloc, so
memory won't get fragmented.

Some other things are in 1.1 too (more stats), but not as notable.