Getting epoll working...?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:55:43 -0700 (PDT)

You don't need to modify libevent at all.  It'll auto-detect epoll if it
can find the header files and system call.  If you rebuilt your kernel,
you have the system call, but you don't have the headers.

Look at BUILD in the memcached distribution.  You have to modify your
headers.  Then, when you run libevent's configure, you should see it
building with epoll support.

Alternatively, you want our memcached static binary?

Then, to test your kernel:

# EVENT_SHOW_METHOD=1 ./memcached -h

and it should say:

libevent using: epoll