Dead host detection and remapping keys to other memcached servers

Toast Oven russor@defiant.msoe.edu
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:20:52 -0600 (CST)

>From when I was porting the perl code over to java... the client marks a
whole host as dead if it can't connect on one port, so it might not
connect at all to the server on port 2048, since it appears the host is
dead. I haven't been very attentive to the changes as of late though, so I
might have missed this coming out.

Try specifiying one of the servers as 127.0.0.2 instead of 127.0.0.1 and
see if that gets rid of the snafus.

toast