memcached subscription notification

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:24:02 -0800 (PST)

Servers don't know about each other at all.  Memcached is a hash of
hashes:  the client does the first hashing (a key maps to a certain
server), and the next hash layer is done within the server.

You'd run multiple processes on a 32 bit machine with more than 4GB of
memory.  Each process can only see 4GB, but you might have 64GB of memory
in a 32 bit machine with PAE.

- Brad