[2nd try] PHP client question: why socket_create()?

Ryan T. Dean rtdean-lists-memcache@cytherianage.net
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:57:10 -0400

--IvGM3kKqwtniy32b

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 02:50:05PM -0400, Ryan T. Dean wrote:
> > But.... It's crashing my apache process threads at an alarming rate (ma=
ybe
> > 10-15 per minute)...  it's probably the same funky bug in PHP that I was
> > seeing with my client.  The latest PHP CVS works great, though, and I d=
on't
> > see any crashes.
>=20
>    That is extremely... odd.  I've started to look through the PHP bug=20
> log and see if I can't account for this in there.  I'll also try to=20
> duplicate it here, and then track down exactly where it is happening.

   We'll, I've written a couple of different test scripts here; some=20
doing a basic get, another with get_multi, another with a couple of sets=20
along with mixed get and get_multi's.  So far, I have been unable to=20
reproduce an apache child crash when running the scripts from 'ab' with=20
a concurrancy of 50 and 5000 attempts each.

   You said you were using the Zend Optimizer and the turck mmcache;=20
could the crash you are seeing be some sort of bug between those and the=20
latest php release?  I'll grab them later today and test with them as=20
well...

   In other news, there is Yet Another Release, due to a minor bug in=20
get_multi - if you have debugging turned on, and your get_multi didn't=20
actually get any keys, $val was uninitialized going into the foreach()=20
which generated a php error and halted script execution.

   The new version (0.1.2) is available from=20
http://phpca.cytherianage.net/memcached/ (along with a copy of the API=20
documentation).

		-Ryan T. Dean

--IvGM3kKqwtniy32b