[2nd try] PHP client question: why socket_create()?

Ryan T. Dean rtdean-lists-memcache@cytherianage.net
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:06:07 -0400

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 11:46:22AM -0400, Justin Matlock wrote:
> Grr. sorry for no quoting... for some reason your emails come through at
> text/plain attachments, and not as messages.
>
> If I remove Zend Optimizer, it no longer crashes.
>
> This isn't an option for me, unfortunately, since I'm using a commercial app
> on my sites (help desk) that requires the Zend Optimizer to decode the
> encrypted source.
>
> I've upgraded my machines to the latest CVS, however, and it works great,
> with the ZO.
>
> I think my configuration is so weird and out there, that it probably isn't
> an issue for 99.99% people out there.

That would be mutt+gpg doing a detached signature.  Some mail clients
don't end up parsing it right, so my message ends up as an attachment.
I'll refrain from signing my messages to the list from here on out.

Its too bad that the latest release doesn't play nice with ZO; I wonder
how long until we see .rc2.  Chances are the fixes will be in .rc2, and
should definately be in by 4.3.4.final.

It might also be worthwhile noting this in the php bugs system, to make
sure that the change gets included in the release (I'm not familiar with
how the PHP release process works; if its anything like the FreeBSD
release process, you have to point it out to get it thrown on the
release branch).

In any case, I'm glad to hear its working well for you.

		-Ryan T. Dean