keys with spaces in (a possible simple solution)

Glenn Plas gplas@be.tiscali.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:32:28 +0100

Hi Rich,

I had the same issue while developping my memcachedaware application, I =
store URLs in the cache with the URL as the key. for me a very good =
solution was to use an url_encode function (perl) and store the encoded =
key.

That way all my other applications know how to get a certain key.

I don't believe memcached should tackle that part, spaces in unique keys =
don't make a lotta sense imho.  It's been running for a month now and I =
still haven't seen a cache set failure in the logs

best greetings,

Glenn Plas