preliminary java client (not recommended for use)

Russo, Richard russor@msoe.edu
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:49:37 -0700

I've got a preliminary version of my java client up at:
http://people.msoe.edu/~russor/memcached/jmc-0.1.tgz

I haven't done much testing on it, but I know Serialization is really
broken, but saving numbers and strings works (for the simple strings
and numbers I briefly tested).  I think the serialization issues are
probably due to character set issues.

In the event of my disappearance, this is at least a start.

TODO

Serialization working
Properly handling connection loss
JavaDoc
Compression
See if there's a non deprecated way to read byte arrays and lines
from a stream

I'm still working on this, and I'll be making more releases shortly,
as I go through the TODO list.

toast