Spreading key/value pairs across multiple memcached servers

Chris Hartjes chartjes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 08:25:49 PST 2004

I had a chat about this with my boss, and his concern is not that we
distribute the keys evenly, his concern is distributing the request to
find out what server a key is sitting on.  I figure he doesn't want
the first memcached server getting constantly pounded with requests
for the location of a key, while the second server could be helping
out in that regards.

--
Chris Hartjes

"I know monkeys, and monkeys are good people!"