Transparent failover and restore?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sun Dec 19 15:59:44 PST 2004

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> MySQL cluster is still a bit early ... It also doesn't provide disk
> based storage (all memory) so hence it can be very expensive to deploy.

But memcached doesn't have disk-based storage.

At least with MySQL Cluster you can stop/start a node without losing any
data.

It does back up the dataset it's storing in memory to disk, though.  And
if it hasn't committed in a while, it can get the data from another node.

Anyway, I'll stop with the MySQL cluster discussions for now, at least
until I have any code or benchmarks.

- Brad