PHP API and Memcache::getStats

Jeraimee Hughes jhughes at revelex.com
Mon Dec 27 10:48:01 PST 2004

On Dec 27, 2004, at 1:31 PM, Antony Dovgal wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:14:28 -0500
> Jeraimee Hughes <jhughes at revelex.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 27, 2004, at 12:27 PM, Jeraimee Hughes wrote:
>>> When using Memcache::getStats on my two memcached servers some
>>> fields are coming back with values that I think may be off. Since
>>> I've never used memcached before I'm hoping someone else can give me
>>> some clues before I write a test case using the C or other language
>>> API.
>> I should have noted that I'm using the memcache PHP *C* version from
>> PHP's PECL project and not the PHP-written memcache class.
> Please, try to connect to memcached and see what it returns:
> shell# telnet <host> <port>
> telnet# stats<Enter>

Both returned generally the same information:

STAT pid 26043
STAT uptime 504686
STAT time 1104173049
STAT version 1.1.11
STAT rusage_user 1:120000
STAT rusage_system 1:740000
STAT curr_items 0
STAT total_items 0
STAT bytes 0
STAT curr_connections 1
STAT total_connections 52
STAT connection_structures 2
STAT cmd_get 0
STAT cmd_set 0
STAT get_hits 0
STAT get_misses 0
STAT bytes_read 1107
STAT bytes_written 21816
STAT limit_maxbytes 1073741824

I notice the 0's are still there at the memcached level so it's not the
PECL packages fault, that's good... and bad.

What the heck is rusage by the way?