PECP multi-server support

Timo Ewalds timo at tzc.com
Tue Dec 28 20:01:03 PST 2004

I finally tried out the PECL PHP client, and was rather impressed with
it's speed. It is about double as fast as the pure php version I posted
before. Unfortunately it doesn't support multiple servers, which makes
it a bit useless to me. I therefore wrote a wrapper class that handles
multiple Memcache objects, hashes the keys, and passes the real work on
to the correct Memcache object. It is a drop in replacement for my other
php client. The overhead does slow it down, but it is still alot faster
than the pure php version.

You can download both of them here:
http://www.uniphire.com/memcache/

Timo