Any other uses of memcached?

Jamie McCarthy jamie@mccarthy.vg
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:53:20 -0500

I'm talking about memcached to my local LUG next week.  I wondered
if anyone had any ideas for less-than-obvious uses for it.

Its most obvious use is caching DB query results.

A second use that I can think of is storing data for large-scale
numerical processing, perhaps scientific modelling, where many CPUs
have to work together on gigabytes of data, and the results of the
number-crunching are small enough to be written to disk periodically
(so if the power goes out, the most you lose is a few hours' work).

Any other ideas?
--=20
  Jamie McCarthy
 http://mccarthy.vg/